© 2002-2014, Prager, Software. All Rights Reserved.
Major Functions - FREE Version
- Ability to search the book database multiple ways
- Catalogs with subcategory support
- Import files in HomeBase, UIEE, CSV and tab-delimited formats
- Robust Help file with a “Getting Started” tutorial
- Up-to-the-minute (real-time) Accounting and Inventory information
- Networking support
- Image support
- FREE e-mail support and program upgrades
- Ability to have “canned text” in the description field
- Complete database backup and restore functions
Additional Functions - Licensed Version
List of Features
- Ability to upload to over 18 sites with one click!
- Can upload selected books based on almost any criteria
- Ability to do mass changes to the entire database
- Invoice and Customer support
- Allows up to four additional custom listing sites
- Ability to alter prices and status on groups of books
- Automatically get prices and book information from the internet
- Compare your entire inventory to over 80 listing sites, with suggested prices based on an algorithm of your choice (Repricing function).
- Reports (Aging, Inventory and Sales) are all customizable.
- Using our Bulk Book Loader, you can have the basic book information retrieved from the Internet; then you can come back later and enter the specific details for each book.
Import, Export and Uploading
- Records are exported in HomeBase, UIEE and tab-delimited formats. This means that any listing venue that supports these formats can accept your books for uploading. Choice of format is done automatically for you, depending on the listing service requirements.
- Records can be imported from a text file in either HomeBase, UIEE or tab-delimited format. There is a Sample Text file included for learning how to import records and work with the program before you import your own inventory.
- Inventory can be uploaded automatically to any of 18 predefined sites with one click
- Ability to upload selected records (ie. within a certain price range, books from a range of locations, etc.).
- Ability to upload to four additional sites of your choosing. This means that you have the ability to choose sites other than the predefined sites (for instance, sites that allow uploads of LP’s).
ISBN & Pricing Lookup
- Automatic ISBN lookup from the internet to fill in common available fields.
- Automatic price lookup from the internet (consolidated or expanded)
- Pricing lookup from the web when you don’t have an ISBN, only title and author
- Barcode scanner support for entering ISBN’s. This means that when you have entered your scanned barcode, and if your scanner is so programmed (to send an ‘enter’ command), it will automatically go to the internet and find the book information for you.
- Books can be automatically re-priced from the internet. You set your parameters, click start and come back when completed. The books in your inventory that are marked For Sale are priced one-by-one, with an average time of 7 seconds per book (depending on connection speed). Once books are priced, you can then choose which books are updated in the database.
- Ability to check the prices in your inventory with over 80 listing sites with the click of a button, including books without ISBNs
Searching, Sorting and Printing
- Inventory can be searched by ISBN, Title, Author, Book Number or Catalog, optionally selecting only those marked For Sale, Sold or on Hold plus a more inclusive search.
- Inclusive search allows searching on almost any field in the database, combined with "and/or" logic. The results of this search can then be printed.
- Inclusive search supports wildcard search (use of *)
- Records can be sorted by any column in the top panel (Database Panel).
- Whatever appears in the Database Panel can be printed or copied to the Windows clipboard
- Everything on one screen (none of those annoying pop ups or Windows all over your desktop)
- Binding, jacket and book condition, type and edition are entered from a drop-down list
- Location of columns in the Database panel (the topmost panel) can be switched by dragging to new position
- Entire database can be backed up either manually or automatically upon program exit; automatic mode does a backup only if needed.
- Exported and backup files automatically “pruned” so as not to fill up the directory
- Automatically check for program updates or with one-click.
- All options are automatically saved and restored.
- Automatic numbering of books with the ability to use your own starting number.
- Ten (10) user customized “canned text” options for the Book Description field that are automatically saved and restored each time.
- Easier to install - the database is built automatically the first time program is run.
- Program checks to make sure the database support components (Firebird) are running
- Ability to make mass changes on selected fields (ie change the location of all books on a certain shelf)
- Ability to make mass deletions by selecting multiple books from top panel; optional verification of books before deletion
- Increase or decrease prices on all books, books selected by price range, by book number or by Catalog; the increase/decrease is by percentage or dollar amount or fixed amount.
- Ability to do bulk updates for status changes (For Sale, Hold and Sold) by Book Number
- A Tutorial to help you get started
- Keywords optionally generated from Title.
- Robust Help file
- Complete Catalog support, including support for Primary and sub-catalogs
- Books can be relisted when returned with the click of one button
- Customer and Invoice support
- Accounting Information, such as number For Sale, on Hold, Sold, Total Inventory Cost and Total Inventory Value and to-date sales figures by year. and much, much more...
Connectivity is monitored by:
Problems with this website? Please notify the webmaster.